Sunday, October 2, 2011

Enjoying Fall...

After spending Saturday canning peaches and peach pie filling, I needed a completely relaxed Sunday.  Mixer Man and I decided to hike up to some hot springs.  The parking lot at the trail head was completely packed.  We drove in, couldn't find a place to park, and had to maneuver our way out again.  It's a good thing he was driving.  I would have hit a few cars with the truck and not completely by accident.  We decided to ditch the hot springs idea and took a nice drive through the rest of the canyon.


Diamond Fork

The view from one of our stopping points.
 We took a side road that neither of us knew, and found one of the prettiest places I have seen.  We were the only people up there.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a good picture and when we went for a stroll down the dirt road, I left the phone in the truck.  I don't have a good camera, so I have to use the camera on my phone. 

We were up in the mountains for hours.  It was the most relaxed and de-stressed I have been in a long, long time.  Great views, great company, and great weather.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Good for you! It looks beautiful!

just call me jo said...

Great company? Do you have more to tell?? It sounds so fun. Nothing is prettier than Utah in the fall. I'm so glad you had a good weekend.

mCat said...

Right now the leaves are perfect aren't they? I need a drive in the canyon. Maybe later today.

Great pics

Mom of 12 said...

Oooo...Never done pie filling...recipe?
Sandy

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You have been busy. I love seeing canned goods. They look so lovely!

Great drive. I can almost smell the pine trees.