Sunday, February 3, 2013

A little of this...a little of that

I stayed up all through the Friday night and Saturday morning hours reading.  I knew I should close the book and turn out the light, after all I had to take my son to an audition in Salt Lake in the morning.   It wasn't the story, so much as the characters.  I could so relate so well to their internal struggles and they were so likable that I felt I was spending time with good friends.  With each page turned, I wished the book fairy would add another to the end.  Do you ever get completely sucked in to a book like that? 

This morning it was breakfast at IHOP.  My son order the Red Velvet pancakes.  His description:  Diabetes on a plate. 

After breakfast, I went shooting.  I have felt cooped up for so long and the fresh air and sunshine felt wonderful.  I was able to shoot my friend's .9 mm Smith and Wesson M&P Shield.  I love this gun.
Like the majority of the country I watched the Superbowl.  I didn't have a favorite team but I enjoyed the game.  I wasn't impressed with a lot of the commercials and the half-time show was really unimpressive.  Lots of flash, little substance.

Best Superbowl commercial:

My sleepless reading night is catching up to me and unfortunately tomorrow is Monday.  Have a good week!

2 comments:

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

A few of the commercials were a little non-family friendly considering most people I know let kids watch at least the first half!

I was fond of the Lincoln commercial that encouraged single women to pick up hitch hikers... so safe!

mCat said...

That gun is sweet!

Superbowl ended up being a good game, but I really wasn't a fan of the halftime. I pride myself on not being a prude, but really?