Tuesday, August 3, 2010

And I'm back (I think)

You may have noticed (or not) that I have been out of the blogosphere for a little while.  I would like to be able to tell you it is because I have been super busy with my incredibly exciting life but sadly it is due to general laziness and having no desire to do anything on the computer outside of work.  I am not even trying to catch up on the blogs I haven't read.  Frankly, I don't have the time.  But I think I am back now.  I think. Maybe. 

We moved in June and I love having room to move and put things.  I took a week off of work to move. Not that I really needed all of that time but I get about 4 weeks of vacation time each year and wanted to use it.  I was able to get the place feeling like home in no time.  My son loves being a little closer to his friends, the pool table, and having room to move.  My dog is enjoying the back yard and loves to dig up the horse shoe pits, though I am not sure when he does this as he spends almost the entire day underneath the deck where it is cool.  I've noticed that he has dug a hole next to a window well and "nests" there.  I would take a picture of him there but the minute I open the back door he comes out.

The other day when I went out to feed him, his water dish was not in it's usual location.  I wandered around the yard looking for it and finally found it by the deck near what I call his "little nest" area.   I filled the bowl and took it back by his kennel where his food dishes are kept.  This happened again the next day.  It hit me then that maybe he was trying to tell me that he wants his water over there.  I filled up his water bowl and put it in the usual spot next to his food bowl, then I retrieved another bowl from the garage, filled it with water and placed it by the deck.  He hasn't moved either bowl again. I know it seems silly but I am impressed with our dog/owner communication skills.

Aside from the move, I have crocheted an afghan for my niece.  This was the last one for the nieces.  I am trying to decide if I should make one for each of my nephews.  A couple of them have mentioned wanting one and my brother-in-law seems to be feeling a little left out because he doesn't have one.  Currently I am working on one for myself.

I have been doing a lot of reading.  I've became addicted to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum  series. If you want a light read that will have you laughing out loud, these are great.  There are sixteen books and while they all sort of have the same plot, each one is hilarious and introduces new, quirky characters.  I suggest you not read these while eating.  One fine morning I was enjoying my Cap'n Crunch Berries while reading one of Stephanie's adventures.  I had just taken a spoon full of cereal and next thing I know, I am trying and failing to suppress a laugh.  Needless to say, I ended up spitting Crunch Berries across the table.

Over the weekend, I painted the room I am using as my office. For the last couple of weeks, I have thought about doing this and I am so happy that I did.  The color is a pale, pale yellow and is the same color that is in my hallway.  The owner's of the house have a five gallon bucket of the stuff.  My office is now bright and cheery.  I even organized my file cabinet.  I enjoy being in that room. I will post a picture if I get around to taking one.

It is time to take myself to bed. Maybe it won't be so long before I post again.

4 comments:

just call me jo said...

Yeh! You're back! Did you see that I commented wondering where you were? Ya gotta love Grandma Mazure. I was a Stephanie Plum fan for years and then just got tired of paying $18 for the same story year after year.

Sounds like your new house is delightful. Dogs are so smart and opinionated. They actually own us, you know. Blog on, little buddy. Don't leave me again.

Cynthia said...

Whew! I was worried you WEREN'T coming back!

The kids and I will have to come visit you in your new place- especially since you have a pool table! LOL!

I'm getting ready to paint a whole lot around here as well! We're FINALLY finishing most of the basement and I've been drywalling for weeks. I usually feel like painting is a big job but it's going to be a cakewalk compared to mudding and sanding!

Actually, we're thinking of heading down that way later in the week if we haven't missed Pie Cherry season. When we went to the Lavender Farm we bought some Cherry Jam from The Red Barn and now my kids adore it and want me to make some. I'll let you know if we're coming and see when would be convenient for you.

Katie said...

Welcome back! I loved those books too...thank heavens our library had them all!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Glad you are back! Sounds like you were keeping plenty busy...doesn't sound lazy to me!