- Friendships that have no expiration date.
- Parents who understand that parenting is a lifelong commitment not a job that ends at age 18, 25, or 40.
- Being a Mother. Motherhood helps me tap into strengths and abilities that I never knew I had. We are Superheroes.
- Yesterday’s rain.
- Instant messaging that allows me to have real time conversations with my long distance friends without running up the phone bill.
- Crying. My tears tell me that my heart hasn’t been hardened.
- Laughter. A reminder that there is humor in practically everything.
- Those who came before who started paving the way for those who come after.
- Sore muscles. Because it means my body is healthy enough to put in a hard day’s work.
- Austin. My son makes me laugh and cry. He gives me a reason to get up in the morning on those days when all I want is to pull the covers over my head. He is the best part of me.
- My faith. A belief in things unseen. A belief that everything works out in the end. Believing that I am not as alone as I sometimes feel. Believing that despite all of my faults and the mistakes I have made and will make in the future - I am loved by Him.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
As I go about my day to day life it is easy to forget to stop and give thanks for the blessings – large and small – which help me get through each day. Upon waking this morning, I started to think about the many things I am thankful for and why.