Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yummy Goodness

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown

This year will be the first year that I will officially have a vegetable garden. My neighbor has been helping me til up the area that the other neighbor thinks would be the perfect spot. I listen to him because his garden is HUGE and produces tons of yummy goodness - plus he grew up in my house and his mother grew everything under the sun.

Luckily I have a huge yard and can make my garden as large as my enthusiasm and back will allow. I have radishes, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, peas, cucumbers, peppers, corn, watermelon, and pumpkins. I may be getting a bit carried away but I am so excited. I can't wait to start putting everything in the ground. Tomorrow I will plan out where I want everything and hopefully my garden will not only produce yummy goodness but will also be aesthetically pleasing.

As the planting and growing progress I will be sure to post the pictures.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

My Dad is a grower of giant pumpkins. I'm sure he'll give you a start if you want!

I've got my garden planted too. I need to get round 2 of the lettuces, radishes and carrots planted. Apparently I can do those every few weeks to make sure I get a continuous supply.

Amy said...

I love your dad's giant pumpkins. I think I'll make sure I can actually grow something this year and maybe try my hand at the big ones next year.

So far nothing is in the ground. I would have started planting today but the rain forced me to stay inside where I attempted cake bites and chocolate caramel apples. Yum!