Monday, January 11, 2010

Small Steps to Success

I am happy to say that I have lost 3 lbs since last Monday!

I hesitated to post this because my weight yo-yo's but I have seen a small steady decrease.  I know a lot of people say not to weigh yourself everyday but I do. Every morning right before I get in the shower.  It helps keep me on track.  My daily weigh in reminds me what I am trying to accomplish.  I stopped doing this during the holidays and completely lost my focus.  I ate whatever, whenever and rarely exercised. This cancelled out all of the progress I had been making. Now I weigh everyday and write it in my little notebook I keep by the scale.  Last Friday, I had my sister come over and take my measurements. Maybe this Friday there will be a small difference. 

For me to succeed at my weight loss goal, I need to celebrate my small successes  and continue taking small steps.  Small steps will help me succeed and hopefully sustain my weight loss.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

You can totally do this. I have found that the key to really 'changing' is NOT to include a time frame. You're making livable changes which means it's okay to have a 'Kim cookie' every now and then.

18 months ago I made a goal to do the MINIMUM I could do and still have a loss each week. Small losses were FINE. I lost 35 lbs. (but also lost focus over the holidays and gained 8 lbs, last fall- you saw that baking phase I went though on my blog). Still, I managed to KEEP most of my weight loss for over a year!

Whenever I try to do this weight loss thing perfectly, I'll lose 15 to 20 lbs. then can't still with the rigid structure and regain the weight within a few months. I REALLY think the secret to losing and keeping it off is to set small goals and treat yourself (sometimes literally) kindly.

I have lost 3 of those 8 lbs. now. Hoping to get at least another 35 off. Go us!

Amy said...

We can do this! My goal is to lose 50.