Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh my...

I think now would be a good time to crawl under a rock and hide for a little while.  My landlord called to ask if I was the lady who brought up sewer payments at the city council meeting. Um..Yeah...Me.  Let's change the subject now. PLEASE?!?!

Aside from the phone call from my landlord, today was a pretty good day.  I went shooting with a friend and had a nice workout this evening.  After dinner I sat down, curled up with a blanket, and took a nap.  It was one of those where you can still kind of hear what's going on but you are "comfortably numb".  Yeah it was that good.  Until I felt my son hovering over me with "the look".  He get a look about an hour before it is time for me to get ready for my exercise class that says, "Get up. Get moving.  Don't be a slacker."  He has gotten really good at this.  When I told him that I felt like getting in my jammies and going to bed, he just looked at me, looked at the clock, then back at me.   After that I got up and began getting ready for class.  He takes his job as motivator seriously.

The weekend project that I thought would be fun really wasn't.  I painted a headboard and a bookshelf for my son's room then move all of the furniture around.  He was at his Dad's and I was thinking this would be kind of a "While You Were Out" sort of thing.  But after moving the furniture, I wasn't feeling to great and spent the rest of the day sitting in my recliner, reading a book. There are still a couple of things I want to finish up for his room but they can wait.  My son really liked how I changed his room and that is always a good feeling.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

That's one great kid you are raising there! I might need my boy to hang with him so he can see the GREAT example of Austin's clean bedroom. Watch and learn, my little boy! Knowing he takes good care of his things, I'm sure he loved what you did for his room.

Sorry about the landlord call but at least you won't have to dread the call coming in and anxiously wait for it. Now it's happened and in the past.

Amy said...

Thanks Cindy. I think he is pretty great too.

I told him one day that he is a good example for his cousins and he told me to tell everyone not to tell their kids to be like him. His reason: Kids need to know they are okay the way they are and when you tell them to be more like someone else it will make them feel like they aren't good enough.

I had to explain that being an example doesn't mean people expect their kids to be just like him and aren't good enough as they are. We have some interesting conversations here. :)

Katie said...

Ugh...I hate phone calls like that! I love the idea of doing a "While you were out" for your son....you'll have to post pictures of what you did.