Friday, February 13, 2009

Blogging: Everyone is doing it..

Remember when your parents asked, "If so and so jumped off a bridge would you do it too?"

I remember it well and as a parent I am sure I have said it to my son at some point and will probably do so again... and again...and again. As I have been contemplating creating a blog, this is the one question that keeps popping up and apparently my answer all those years ago should have been "yes."

Here I am at 1:25 am on a Friday morning...blogging.

I wonder what I could say that is interesting enough that others will actually want to read my ramblings. Maybe I will come up with something profound, maybe review a book I just read, or simply share the events of my day. Whatever it is, I hope it has some meaning to someone even if it is just me.

So, to Jeev, Maiken, and Cynthia, you guys have talked me into it. I am blogging…after all everyone is doing it.




3 comments:

Maiken said...

For me blogging is a way to say things that I usually keep in my head. Good for you lady! Thank you for taking that step towards sharing yourself.

Cynthia said...

Welcome! I also avoided blogging as I didn't want to be one of those fake Mommy Blogger types- the whole 'look at me and my fabulous life'. Everything could be falling apart but their blogs represent the life they WISH they had. I was under the mistaken impression that most if not all bloggers were that way.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find that most bloggers I've met AREN'T that way. I've met all kinds of interesting people I'd never have found in real life. I especially enjoy 'blog friends' who live outside of our bubble because it offers me a look at a totally different place and life.

Welcome to the wide world of blogging. I can see from your post above about movies that you have a lot more to say than you thought when we talked on Thursday. You're already one of those 'real' types of people and that's my favorite kind. I can't wait to read whatever else you come up with!

Anonymous said...

Willingly I accept. In my opinion, it is an interesting question, I will take part in discussion. Together we can come to a right answer. I am assured.