Thursday, March 12, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things...

On Saturday night we came home from a week long vacation to southern California - specifically Disneyland. The vacation was great. I was able to spend some quality time with my son, parents, and brother, plus I crossed something off of my "possibilities list". But being away from home - even if you are in the “happiest place on earth” - for seven days can be quite tiring. Especially when two of those days are spent driving. Yes we drove!

During the week we spent 5 days in Disneyland and California Adventure - where I discovered that any ride where my backside rises several inches off of the seat while plummeting back to earth is not my cup of tea. On Thursday my Uncle Steve and his roommate Joe joined us. Even though Steve enjoyed ridiculing my fear of the Hollywood Tower of Terror and large roller coasters, it was a lot of fun to hang out with him for a day.

We spent a day in SeaWorld. The shows were great and getting splashed by the whales in the Shamu show was a lot of fun.


Even though by Friday night I was ready to be home I wasn’t quite as ready to face the real world again. But here I am back in the real world of work, school, bills, housework, grocery shopping, Mom Taxi, and responsibility. Quite frankly, it has been hard to get back into the swing of things. My equilibrium feels out of whack and I want nothing more than to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

To top it off it has been a busier week than usual. On top of the normal schedule of work and having Austin to school at 7 am three days a week, there were other activities. Tuesday night Austin had a choir performance and I had to make changes to a tablecloth I made for my brother-in-laws display this weekend at the ISE, Wednesday night I went with my mom, aunt, cousin and Grandma to a Relief Society enrichment night, tonight my visiting teachers came over and I tried unsuccessfully to clean my office/storage/work room.

This has truly felt like the longest week! It seems an unjust punishment to come back from a vacation and still feel like you need a vacation. Does anyone else struggle with getting back into the swing of things when you get home from a vacation or other activity that takes you out of your regular routine for awhile?

Maybe the upcoming weekend will help me get my equilibrium back and I can start next week feeling like I can take on the world again. It may be a short lived feeling though as I fly to Seattle on Thursday night.

Hmmm…maybe a short trip to Seattle will be just what I need.

No comments: