Monday, April 19, 2010

Cash4Books

I am working on de-junking my house and storage unit.  A few weeks ago I brought all of my books home from the storage unit and was searching online for a way to sell them other than half.com and amazon.com.  What I found was a great site, Cash4Books.  Cash4Books is super easy to use and fast.  All you do is enter the ISBN number from the back of your book.  You will get a message letting you know whether or not they are buying that book. If they are buying, it will tell you how much they will buy the book for.  Once you have books in your seller cart, you check out, and print the mailing label.  Shipping is FREE!!! Cash4Books will send you an e-mail when they receive your shipment and another when they mail your check.  Today I received my check for $14.00.  They weren't buying a lot of my books (I think they bought 9) but I am not complaining.  This is $14 I wouldn't have had.  The rest of my collection has been donated to the library. 

If you have books that you are looking to sell, this is the place to start.  I have used half.com but between the shipping costs and the fee you pay to the site for selling them, I found it wasn't really worth my time and I didn't see a very good return.

I've signed up to be an affiliate and will earn $5 for every friend I refer.  So if you want to check out this site click on the link in this post or the link on my sidebar. 

7 comments:

just call me jo said...

I wish I'd known this before we moved. I sold wonderful, hardback, (Twilight, etc.) books for almost nothing at a yard sale. Oh, well, maybe next time. Though I haven't bought many books since moving to AZ. I am too cheap now. I just go to the library and wait forever on the reserve list.

Linda said...

Thanks for the info. I'll keep this in mind when we move to Colorado (hopefully this summer!)

Earl said...

Earl here from Cash4Books. Thanks for telling your friends and readers about your positive experience with us! I can tell tehy'll be earmarking it for future reference. Good luck with the Susan G. Komen walk as well. That's a great cause. :D

Katie said...

What a great idea. I'm definitely going to keep this website in minds. Thanks for the heads up.

Single and Sane said...

I'll be looking into that for sure. I have a couple of boxes of books I've been meaning to go through but didn't know what to do with them. Thanks for the information!

Pam said...

That sounds like a good site. I have a ton of books I need to get rid of from my elementary school teaching days.

Pam said...

I need to check into this site. I have a ton of books I need to get rid of.