Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Mashup

This weekend I discovered that good things really do happen to nice people.  While my friend and I were waiting in line to get into the amphitheater for the Kenny Chesney concert on Saturday, two ladies came over and asked if we had General Admission Lawn Seats.  We said, "Yes" and they asked if we wanted reserved seats. Skeptic's that we were we hesitantly said yes.  I was wondering what we would have to do to get these seats.  All manner of crazy things crossed my mind.  See our reluctance, they explained the situation. One of the ladies had won tickets but when she got them, they were not where she was promised.  She told the folks who gave them to her, and they gave her better seats and told her to give the other tickets away.  They said they chose us because we "look nice".  I thought that was really sweet. Out of hundreds of people milling around they chose us because we "look nice".  I wanted to call my sisters and ask them if they wanted my lawn seats but there was no way they could have made it to Salt Lake in time.
We would have been sitting up on the lawn in front of the trees. 
Instead, this was the view from our new seats.
Andrea and I with the ladies who gave us the seats.  I never did get their names.
Andrea and I in our better than the lawn - awesome seats.
 For me, the greatest benefit of these seats - other then the view, was that I did not need to stand to see the show.  I could see perfectly and still remain seated.  I know, it's a concert and you should be up dancing around and what not but with my bronchitis, sitting was much better.  We still had an awesome time.
Uncle Cracker

Billy Currington

Kenny Chesney.  My battery was dying so the picture isn't as good as the others.  
In other news, my old Chevy Blazer is not running right now.  A blown head gasket or cracked head.  I will be getting it fixed so the teenager has something to drive, BUT this morning I became the new owner of a 2001 PT Cruiser.  It may not be new but it sure is new to me.  A girl my mom works with was selling this and with my dad's help, I was able to buy it for $3,300 and drive it home. 
My new car!!!
I am so excited to finally have a new to me car.  I have been driving the Blazer for 10 years and it is certainly a "special" vehicle.  My Dad's nickname for it is the "Rolling Wreck".   I know inanimate objects so not have feelings but I feel bad for my blazer as it sits there waiting to be fixed and driven again.  Hopefully, I can get it taken care of and my son will get at least a few more years out of it.

Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Oh I'm so glad you had fun! Congrats on the new car! I, too, need a new one and soon! I'm probably going to have to take on a car payment to get what I need, but hopefully that will carry me thru getting the kids to college, so it will be worth it in the end! I need a bigger car... we just don't fit!

just call me jo said...

You scored big, lady. (And deserve all the goodness you can get.) Yahoo for good seats and new-to-you cars. That cruiser is very cute. Hope it grows on you personality wise. I agree that cars have feelings and character. I hope Blazer can be resusitated. Did you love the concert? Looked like a good line up. Those ladies were good judges of character too. Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Well done on the concert and the new car! DOuble score!!

xoxo
M