Monday, February 27, 2012

Where have I been?

I spent Monday through Thursday of last week in Washington state - just north of Seattle.  My friend Shae lives there and it is always a fun time when we can get together.  We do our crafty things, shop, wine tastings, and talk, talk, talk.  She was in Utah for a few days so I rode back to Washington with her and flew home.   It's probably a good thing that we had the car to ourselves on the drive.  I don't think our conversation let up once.  It felt like the fastest 12 or 13 hour drive ever. 

While I was up in the Pacific Northwest, I had dinner with a guy I met through and online dating site.  He lives part time here in Utah but has his business in Washington.  It wasn't a disaster.  It wasn't wonderful.  It was nice.  There was no pressure because neither of us are looking for a relationship.  We decided we would make good friends.  I am no longer on the online dating site though and he is the only person I met.  Online dating is not for me.

I loved my visit but was happy to get home to my son.  I think he missed me.  Lucky for me - and him - the house was pretty clean when I came home.  It's nice to be able to trust my son enough that he can stay home alone and I don't spend the entire time worrying.

Today I went back to work.   I was dreading signing into my computer and checking my e-mail so I put it off as long as I could.  After wading through the 200 plus e-mail that was waiting for me, I realized it wasn't as bad as I thought.  Had a meeting with my boss and will be getting a small raise in July.  It should be just enough to make up for the higher cost of my insurance premium each month.  Woo hoo!

I am now watching the rain delayed Daytona 500.  There was a big wreck on the second lap and I doubt it will be the only one.  We aren't even halfway yet.  In case I haven't said it be for:  I love NASCAR.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

What an awesome trip! How fun to just spontaneously take off and have fun with a friend. I miss being able to do things like that.

I am glad the date wasn't awful- just consider him 'practice'.

Why is it the raises never really 'raise' you, you know? Greg even got an extra raise this year and it's still going to come out to just barely more than our insurance increases. Urghh!

just call me jo said...

Well, look at you with a social life and every thing. Glad you're back home safely. That Daytona race was really a hot mess, wasn't it. We finally went to bed about an hour after the Juan Pablo conflagration. Did you stay up to the bitter end?