Friday, April 29, 2011

Self Guilt? Not today...

I took this week off of work hoping that I would accomplish something. I had plans for spring cleaning; wall washing, the whole nine yards, thinking that if I did those things now I wouldn't need to worry about them when I move out in June.  It's Friday and I have accomplished nothing.  I barely put the laundry away from last weekend.  I know I should feel guilty.  It is in my genes.  My Mom is the Queen of getting things done and piling on the self guilt when she hasn't accomplished what she set out to do.  But somehow I can't find the guilt in spending a week doing very little which had been  important or productive.   I've been lazy and I have kind of enjoyed it.   Monday I went to my Grandma's house.  Tuesday I went for a four-wheeler ride.  Wednesday I went golfing for nine holes.  Thursday I helped watch my sisters kids.  And today, I have done a whole lot of nothin'.   I also visited the library but I can't recall what day.  Read two books.  Sort of read another in little bits and pieces here and there.  Of course, this one is the important one but it will be finished shortly.  

I scheduled my son's driving test so hopefully after May 9th he can legally drive without his Mom in the car.  Apparently she is extremely annoying to drive with and has a permanent leg cramp from thinking she can slow down the car if she presses hard enough on the passenger side floor.  Speaking of the Boy,  he has been invited to yet another prom  -   I guess I forgot to post about the first one - and since he listens so well to the teachings of his mother he had to say yes. (I told him he should always say "Yes" when a girl asks him out, unless it coincides with other plans, in which case he needs to make a date for another night, OR if he has a girlfriend.)  But when did the girls start inviting the boys to the prom? At this point it is looking to be more cost effective to just buy the dang tux. 

My sister will be here soon to take me over to my parents so that I can borrow my mom's car for some teenage driving experience.  He will be using her car for his road test since mine is an embarrassment to mankind and I really don't want it to breakdown on the poor kid while he is taking the test.   So this weekend he gets to get "comfortable" in a decent car. 

Hope all of you have an enjoyable and safe weekend. 

3 comments:

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I was off for Spring Break last week... four days of which my children spent at their dad's. I officially got NOTHING accomplished, but I did drop everything and go to a concert, where I met Cute Boy, so I guess it just depends on your definition...

just call me jo said...

You need time for yourself. I love the description of "his mom" driving with him. (It takes courage either way--with him or when he's on his own.) Girls are certainly not shy now days. Your son is so cute. Watch out! I hope he passes the test with flying colors. Keep us informed and enjoy yourself, little lady.

mCat said...

I love weeks of doing nothing. In fact, I PREFER weeks of doing nothing. And absolutely NO GUILT!

I thought I was the only one that thought they could stop the car with my right foot slamming the passenger floor. And sadly, I still do it with my husband. eek