Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yummy Buffalo Wings

My favorite menu item at Chili's is the Boneless Buffalo Wings.  There are days when I just crave them but rarely do I treat myself.  Today I found a copy-cat recipe for these delicious spicy boneless wings HERE.

I modified the recipe a titch - replaced the hot sauce with KC Masterpiece Buffalo Marinade - and I think they tasted pretty darn similar to the original.  I found that after frying all the chicken pieces and tossing them in the buffalo sauce, the chicken cooled a little too much for my taste, so next time I think I will throw them in a hot oven for a few minutes to keep them warm and help bake in the flavor of the sauce. 

The finished project.
 I left the Buffalo Sauce off a few of them and even those were delicious.

The finished product received kudo's from my sisters, a brother-in-law, and friend.  My son wasn't a huge fan of the Buffalo Sauce but really enjoy the one's without. This is definitely one to add to the meal rotation. 

I have to admit the ideal time for trying a new non-diet recipe is not the day I realized that it only took two months to gain back the ten pounds I lost during the previous six.  However, these were worth it.  I had mine on a salad so that should also count for something. Right?



Tomorrow's new recipe will be Rachel Ray's Lettuce Wraps.   I'll let you know how they turn out.

1 comment:

mCat said...

The salsd totally counts. And now I am craving Chili's : )