Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Enjoying the weather...

I am loving the sunny weather we are having this week.  On Monday and Tuesday afternoon while making the trip to Grandma's from the old house, I rolled all of the windows down, turned the radio up, sang along at the top of my lungs, and smiled.  Yes, SMILED. It felt wonderful.

Yesterday morning Grandma and I went to the nursery and bought flowers.  Some Dahlia's, Zinnia's, Marigolds, and a few other things I can't remember the name of.  The day didn't quite turn out as I had planned and the flowers didn't get planted until this evening.  But I was able to get them in before the gale force winds kicked up.  Looks like I will be picking up little tree limbs in the yard tomorrow. 

This is what the flower bed locked like this morning.
This is the after.  We still need to fill in some spaces but it looks great. 

I wanted Grandma to share in the fun of planting and set her up next to the barrel.  The perfect height for her to plant.

This has nothing to do with planting flowers but it is our favorite treat these days.  We are almost out!!!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I am so glad you are there with Grandma. You are already taking such good care of her. Really--you are so amazing!

Holly said...

I've been doing the same thing around here. Such a good feeling to plant flowers. The yard looks really nice and I love that gazing ball. I don't really care for mint so I'll pass on those cookies but I'm eating my share of rice krispie treats. Have a great day!