Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Sun is Finally Shining

I snagged this image from Google Images.
The sun was out today, both literally and figuratively.  It was a bright, sunny day outside after days of rainy weather.  My mood is also bright and sunny.  It is amazing what a good breakdown cry can do for ones mood.  In my case the breakdown crying lasted about two and a half days.  But I feel so much better.  Letting my feelings fester is never a good thing. It makes my moods worse and the happenings in my life seem monumentally overwhelming.

After the breakdown crying, I finished reading a book my cousin recommended.  It is called "The Gifts of Imperfection".  I will write a post about it another day.  But  finishing it made me realize I need to re-read the entire thing.  Life got in the way between the time I started and the time I finished so some of the guideposts have been forgotten.  It is a great book and I can think of a certain blogger friend who I would love to send a copy. 

Anyway, things are looking brighter.  I am getting settled into my Grandma's house and as soon as I get completely moved out of the other house things will be even better.  I look forward to planting flowers with her, spending some time relaxing in the deck, and getting to know her and possibly myself better.
 
I hope the sun continues to shine and my outlook can be just as sunny. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breakdowns, I mean crying, are good for the soul. Sometimes as cathartic as a sunshiney day!

M-Cat

Holly said...

So glad you're feeling better. I have a feeling I know who your blogger friend is and I know she would appreciate the book. Enjoy the sunshine, darlin!

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad you read the book! I need to re-read it. The message is hard to implement but I'm working on it.

I'm also glad you'll be there with Grandma. She needs you and, I suspect, you'll soon find just how much you need her. Grandma is an amazing woman who has been through so much.