Friday, August 26, 2011

It's a MIracle...

I woke up this morning and could see perfectly.  I blinked, rubbed my eyes, and thought I was dreaming.  It took about 10 minutes to realize I was wearing my contacts. No miracle. On the bathroom counter, my contact lens case was sitting open as if I were getting ready to take them out or had just put them in.  I have no idea which one happened.   I was exhausted when I went to bed and didn't get up at all during the night (that I know of).  I could have started taking them out and forgotten what I was doing or I could have gotten up in the middle of the night and put them in for some reason.  I also had a book next to me in bed and don't remember reading before I went to bed.  Did I mention I was exhausted?

I blame it all on missing my morning caffeine fix yesterday.  I tried drinking Caffeine Free Pepsi and pretending there was caffeine in it but it didn't work.  By the time my son came home from school and brought me some black gold, it was too late, the day was not going to get better. 

When I got in the car after water aerobics at about 9:30 last night, I thought of my friend Andrea and how I should invite her water aerobics with me. Then it hit me: I was supposed to pick her up at the airport at 7:30.  I had a grundle of missed calls and a few messages from Andrea asking where I was.  I quickly drove home, changed out of my swimsuit and headed to Salt Lake.  By the time I got home I was falling asleep on my feet. The last think I remember was taking a shower before I went to bed.  I really could have left my contacts in. 

I was disappointed that I was not granted a Opthamalogical miracle and I am sure Andrea will never again ask me to pick her up from the airport but I've learned that I must keep a supply of Coke in the refrigerator.  

4 comments:

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Oh no! Is she still speaking to you?

I recently realized I'd been walking around with my contacts in... I'd even put on my glasses thinking I'd taken them out. Still doesn't beat the time I went to work and walked around all day with both contacts in one eye!

just call me jo said...

Contacts baffle me. I can't stand anything in my eye. I wish there had been an opth--whatever--miracle. (I can't spell that word...) My grandson Rooster is afflicted with 80/20 vision in one eye and his mom his rather apathetic. That's part of what my rant was about. She and I aren't on great terms right now. I should send FEMA over from the east coast to provide you with black gold. That is a serious shortage. Get help and stock up soon.

Holly said...

Might be a good idea to videotape yourself sleeping (sleepwalking). Then you could post it on your blog. How awesome would that be? Stock up on the Coke, don't let that happen again.

mCat said...

Black gold - LOL that is GOOD!

And I hope Andrea is still speaking to you - GAH ! Hate when something that important gets forgotten.