Tuesday, December 27, 2011

All wrapped up...

The Christmas decorations are put away.  The only sign left out that it was here is the bowl of chocolate in the middle of the table. 


It is the first year that my decorations have come down before New Year's Day.  This is a sign of how truly humbug and depressed I have been this holiday season.  I tried.  I really did.  But no matter how much false cheer I tried to spread about, I could not and have not been able to shake the holiday blahs.

I could blame it on the lack of snow.   We have had only a few days with some flurries but nothing that has stuck around for long.  It was 45 degrees this afternoon.  I don't do well when the season doesn't do what it is supposed to do.  Yes, I could blame it on the weather but it is much deeper than the non-existent white stuff.  It is a culmination of a year that has been too long and emotional.

A year from now, I hope to have a happier account of the Christmas Season.  I hope the feelings of inadequacy and loneliness have made their way into the past.  I hope I have enough Christmas cheer to keep the decorations up until the New Year.  I hope there will be snow.

1 comment:

just call me jo said...

I wish I could lift your spirits, but I'm lower than a worm's belly myself... I just can't achieve lift. You are so young (37) psh! That should raise your spirits. I'm almost ready for the grave. hahaha Maybe Jan. will bring hope and cheer.